Grants provided by Dorset Tennis (Dorset LTA) aim to promote tennis as a relevant, accessible, welcoming and enjoyable sport.
Grants are available for the following activities:
- Club Open Days: a £100 grant for any LTA Registered Club in Dorset holding an Open Day for the public.
- Open Tennis: grants and practical help to enable tennis to be accessible for all people, including those less able physically or mentally.
- Coaching Qualifications: grants to support Dorset based coaches to gain LTA recognised qualifications.
- Officiating Qualifications: grants to support Dorset based Officials to gain LTA recognised qualifications.
- Tennis Leaders Courses: grants to fund Dorset based courses for Tennis Leaders.
- Taster Sessions at Primary Schools: grants of £75 per school (max £300) for Coaches to hold taster sessions in Primary Schools.
- Subsidies for Coaching Squads: grants of up to £300 for coaches to subsidise coaching squads as a follow on from Primary School taster session.
- Club Competitions: grants of £25 for Competition Organiser courses.
- Support for Top Performance Junior Players: discretionary grants to help with the cost of competing for younger performance players.
- Dorset Coach Assistance for Junior Performance Players: discretionary grants for coaches to attend Grade 1 and Grade 2 Tournaments with junior performance players.
- Exceptional circumstances grants to assist clubs.
Club Open Days
Dorset Tennis will provide a £100 grant for any LTA registered Club in Dorset holding an Open Day for the public. The only conditions for the grant are that the Open Day is announced in advance on the Dorset Tennis website and that a report is made after the event on the number of non-members that attended.
To promote tennis as an open sport accessible to everyone: for example to provide training for volunteers at LTA registered clubs or LTA accredited coaches to hold sessions for disabled players or to put on ‘walking tennis’; to provide funds for special equipment required to promote accessibility, to provide start-up funds to assist with new activities designed to open up tennis.
To apply, please contact David Sanger, Open Tennis Lead for Dorset firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants to help with the cost of Coaching Qualifications
Dorset Tennis will support (at the present time) 100% of the LTA Assistant (Level 1) course and 50% of LTA Tennis Instructor (Level 2) and LTA Tennis Coach (Level 3). The other 50% must be supported by the candidate and/or the club or some other form of partnership funding. Normally candidates will be expected to pay their own travel and other expenses including DBS and attending first aid courses.
For Level 4 and Level 5, applications will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Coaches receiving support from Dorset Tennis will be expected to commit to continuing to coach in Dorset for at least the 12 months following the course and to participating in Dorset Tennis activities for up to 10 hours.
Tennis Leaders Courses
Dorset Tennis will fund an LTA Accredited Dorset coach £75 to run a Tennis Leaders course at an LTA registered Dorset Club or venue.
Dorset Tennis is particularly keen to encourage applications from people in under-represented groups.
Find out more about the Tennis Leaders course here - Guide for Teachers and Coaches
Grants to help with the cost of Officiating Qualifications
Grants to assist with the cost of gaining LTA Officiating qualifications. Dorset Tennis is particularly keen to encourage applications from people in under-represented backgrounds such as females, and black and minority ethnic groups.
Taster Sessions at Primary Schools
Dorset Tennis will provide grants of up to £300 for LTA Accredited Coaches providing taster sessions at primary schools. The grant is based on £75 per school for a full range of taster sessions for different age groups.
Follow-on Subsidised Coaching Squads
Dorset Tennis will provide a grant of up to £300 to subsidise coaching squads – designed for new players coming to coaching as a result of taster sessions. The grant of £300 is based on a programme of 10 hours of coaching and is intended to reduce the cost of the first term of coaching for players new to the game.
Dorset Tennis will provide a grant to cover the cost of the LTA’s Competition Organiser course. This on-line course takes three hours at a cost of £25.
Junior Top Performance Players
Discretionary grants to help with the cost of competing for top performance players.
Dorset Coach Assistance for Junior Performance Players
Discretionary grants for Coaches to attend tournaments of Dorset's junior performance players.
Exceptional Circumstances Grants to assist Clubs
Alternatively, email email@example.com with brief details of your Grant request and we will get in touch
Find out about LTA funding for
- Indoor Community Tennis Projects
- Quick Access Loan Scheme
- Gate Access Technology
- External Grant Support
and guidance on
- Framed Fabric
- Low Cost Indoor Structures
- Planning Guidance
- Court Surfaces